Sunday, May 26, 2013

This week I am grateful for...

my husband.

The past two years have found us on different schedules for most of the time, dealing with our own very real but very different stresses. It's been (and sometimes still is) so hard to see where the other is coming from. But while this could have very easily pulled us apart, we somehow keep coming back to each other.

I don't know what it is. At the end of the day, we each just want to be with each other. Regardless of what was said or done. Or not said. Or not done.

We still talk to each other, even if it's less frequent now that it used to be. And not just about the weather or how Sis or Bubs {insert funny or annoying thing here}. Talk about what we've been reading or watching or listening to, what we have been thinking about and conversations we've had. The kind of talking you do with someone you trust.

He is my best friend. He affirms me. Even though a lot of times, the way he knows how is not the way that I receive it best and vice versa. (We do not speak the same 'love language')

But when I see a note taped to a ring pop hiding in the cabinet that says 'I'd ask you again' or the orchid he got me for mother's day, or the shoes I wanted that he ordered without telling me and then made up a story he knew would make me mad so that I wouldn't see it coming, I know he loves me.

I am so proud of how hard he has worked for himself and for us. We aren't out of the woods yet. Getting a day job (that pays less boo!) in two weeks (!!!!!!!!!!) is a big start. At least we will be on the same schedule for the first time in two years. And I can't wait to experience again in all the wonderful details who this guy is!

He is so funny. And so witty.
And loyal.
And creative.
And he is always doing the 'right' thing even when that is scary or awkward.
And he is so good at hosting people.
And good at reading people.
And good at being real and honest especially when it's really hard to say 'this is what is really going on...'
And supporting me in whatever ventures I take on (except this one. I'm pretty sure he isn't reading this...) cloth diapers, breastfeeding, natural childbirth with a doula (who is our friend!), running a half marathon, baking bread, starting two book clubs, studying French...I think the only thing (besides this blog) he doesn't support me on is how many documentaries I watch. ha!

I love him. I am grateful he was brought into my life. I am grateful he is still in my life. And I will be even more grateful in two weeks when we actually get to hang out again!!!!!!

What are you grateful for this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment